Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can't change the identityNamespace while creating an ExperienceEvent audience.

Level 2

Hello All,

Does anyone know how to change the identity namespace while creating an audience (Experience Event)? We are using WEBSDK to collect data from an e-commerce website. We provided the _id.map (mazid) in adobe Data Collection, and while creating, we change the identity namespace to a different one. However, it still shows the previous identity namespace.

Can anyone help me out?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hello, @arun_97

I just wanted to point a few things: 

1. In the photo you send us, in the ID field, the email_id has an empty space, you might want to fix it as data elements are sensitive. 

2. Instead of using the identityMap custom field, you might use custom code, in our investigations, we found that it works much better. It also gives you more flexibility. You might want to use it in the SetConsent rule alongside a Consent Custom Code that you can find in this documentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/xdm/data-types/consents#prerequisites

GigiCotruta_0-1722349219439.png

Regarding the change of the name, sometimes, as the data is new to the platform, in this case the new name, AEP takes some time to update the UI in the audience builder. Luckily, by now, you have already solved this problem. 

I hope this solved your problems.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 5

Ideally ECID would be your primary identity .. data collected with web sdk is an exception to the typical of labeling identity fields in the schema . Web sdk uses the identity map to label identities on the implementation side and thus we’ll determine the identities of the Luna web events schema when we implement the websdk on the Luna website 

the above is available in map identities documentation 

this is from the map identities documentation 

Community Advisor

@arun_97 could you add more context, i.e how are you sending the id (mazid) via experience event? is this via identity map? a custom namespace created and the dataset enabled for profile? 

Level 2

Hi @Anil_Umachigi 

Yes, we are mapping the %email_id% as id_map in data collection, and the identityNameSpace (individual cross-device ID) is created as mazid. The datasets are also enabled by those profiles. Recently, I changed the identityNameSpace to Marzzid, but it still shows the previous identity as mazid when creating an audience.

arun_97_0-1721200104766.png

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hello, @arun_97

I just wanted to point a few things: 

1. In the photo you send us, in the ID field, the email_id has an empty space, you might want to fix it as data elements are sensitive. 

2. Instead of using the identityMap custom field, you might use custom code, in our investigations, we found that it works much better. It also gives you more flexibility. You might want to use it in the SetConsent rule alongside a Consent Custom Code that you can find in this documentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/xdm/data-types/consents#prerequisites

GigiCotruta_0-1722349219439.png

Regarding the change of the name, sometimes, as the data is new to the platform, in this case the new name, AEP takes some time to update the UI in the audience builder. Luckily, by now, you have already solved this problem. 

I hope this solved your problems.

Administrator

@arun_97 Did you find the suggestions helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni