Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEP Dataview API - getting state hexString error message?

Level 4

Hi there.  I am hoping someone can help me.

I've been using Postman API software to create API scripts to create CJA Dataviews.  I was able to create a script that creates a new data view and now I'm working on an API script that will set and configure the dimensions within the newly created dataview. 

I was able to use my chrome browser's console network tab to see how the GUI formats it's "body" scripts so I don't believe the issue is with my body statement (but I could be wrong)

This is the error message I'm getting:

{"errorCode":"invalid_json_input","errorDescription":"Invalid JSON. At least one field format is not recognized or cannot be parsed. - Error caused by exceptionMessage=state should be: hexString has 24 characters","errorId":"74617b17-676d-4b71-9d17-8664a448b6aa"}

it references "exceptionMessage=state should be: hexString" - which i interrupt as there is an issue with the variable called "state" and it's improperly formatted.  

The issue, is my API script doesn't include a variable called 'state'.  

The body of my request looks like this:

{ "name": "Identifier", "description": "A unique identifier for the time-series event.", "labels": [], "isDeleted": false, "hideFromReporting": false, "id": "variables/_id", "sourceFieldId": "_id", "includeExcludeSetting": { "enabled": false }, "noValueOptionsSetting": { "noneSettingType": "show-no-value", "customNoneValue": "No value" }, "substringSetting": { "enabled": false } }

again, I pulled this directly from the GUI - it's the same JSON format with the exact same variables.

Can anyone help me resolve this?  The Dataview API documentation -https://developer.adobe.com/cja-apis/docs/endpoints/dataviews/ - also doesn't reference a variable called "state" at all, so there is no  reason to believe that 'state' would be a required variable in the body or header or query parameter.

Thanks so much for anyone that has any experience with APIs and or the Dataview API.  

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies