Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Create audience based on custom action

Level 3

Dear Good People, 
I am struggling to create an audience based on the custom action id. I mean the persons for whom that custom action triggered. I have used the journey action id like this:

Zahid_14_0-1713012880474.png

But it seems not working as it qualifies 0 persons. 

I can see it my custom action in the data sets like this:
select _experience.journeyOrchestration.stepEvents.actionID

from journey step events
where _experience.journeyOrchestration.stepEvents.journeyID="xxx"

Does anyone know where can I find this in the audience section/event?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Here are a few options -

1. Contact history (with the actual sending status = delivered, failed etc., & any interactions) from the downstream systems, ingested back into AEP through one of the source connectors and then have audiences created with those respective attributes.
  2. If the downstream system is able to stream an event back into AEP (with details of the sending log for the respective profile) after receiving payload via custom action, then the respective data can be used for building audiences
  3. If the intent is to create an audience based on successful POST requests via custom actions, then data distiller can be leveraged to write these records back to a custom contact history dataset from journey step events. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

message feedback attributes that you are referring to captures contact history only for native channels.

For custom actions, contact history logs will not be captured in ajo_message_feedback_event_dataset. You will have to get those from the external system or leverage data distiller queries to query step events and write it into a custom contact history dataset

Level 3

In that case what other customers are creating audience based one who are contacted by custom channels like SMS, Viber, Postal etc? 

Level 3

@dugganab , any answer? How your other customers are creating audiences based one who are contacted by custom channels like SMS, Viber, Postal etc? Is it only possible to export the datasets and then import it back in audience? Or using data-distiller? 

Correct answer by
Employee

Here are a few options -

1. Contact history (with the actual sending status = delivered, failed etc., & any interactions) from the downstream systems, ingested back into AEP through one of the source connectors and then have audiences created with those respective attributes.
  2. If the downstream system is able to stream an event back into AEP (with details of the sending log for the respective profile) after receiving payload via custom action, then the respective data can be used for building audiences
  3. If the intent is to create an audience based on successful POST requests via custom actions, then data distiller can be leveraged to write these records back to a custom contact history dataset from journey step events.