Expand my Community achievements bar.

The generated ditamap details are not storing in the Destination Path of the AEMSite output preset

Level 3

Hi,

I have created Ditamap with some topics linked in to it. After generating the AEMSite output preset, the details are not storing in the Destination Path of the AEMSite preset.

Beaula123_0-1695798799035.png

png-1.png

Due to this unable read the metadata of the ditamap. Please suggest.

Thanks

6 Replies

Level 3

The details of the genetated ditamap is not updating in the destination path of the AEMSite output preset (/content/output/sites).

For example topicmeta attribute is not adding to the jcr:content of the DITAMAP.

The Source Code of the map.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE map PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA Map//EN" "technicalContent/dtd/map.dtd">
<map id="map.ditamap_8a56e270-f971-4ec5-83bd-2aade3b6cc58">
<title>AppidTeatDitaMap</title>
<topicmeta>
<resourceid appid="appi_id_test_qa" ux-source-priority="map-takes-priority">
</resourceid>
</topicmeta>
<topicref href="AppIdTest.dita" type="topic">
</topicref>
</map>

Level 2

Hi,

I'm afraid I am a bit unsure on the precise nature of your problem. Could you give some more information?

1. Is the publishing process of your ditamap succesful? If not, have you checked the log file?
(Check the output tab in the Map Dashboard. If it failed, there should be a red dot next to the output)

2. How should the contents of the topicmeta element be made available? Do you want to add them as metdata to the output node? Or should it be available in the html of the published site?

All Best,

Lukas

Level 3

Hi Lukas,

The output generation is successful. Please find below 

png-2.png

We are using this metatopic details in the page source code.

Level 3

For more clarification I have updated the title of the ditamap and generated the output successfully. But, still I could not able to see the updated title in the jcr:content of the ditamap.

Beaula123_1-1695912567930.pngpng-3.png

Level 2

I don't think I will be able to give you a completly satisfying answer. Especially the behaviour of jcr:title stumps me a bit, as your change did seem to carry through to the property siteTitle. Either way, here are some things you could look into:

1. Configuration Manager

com.adobe.fmdita.config.ConfigManager has a setting that relates to pageTitles for AEM Sites.

2. Output Template

For the Site to be generated properly, the topicContentNode and topicHeadNode need to be configured in the output template. In your case the template is found under apps/fmdita/config/templates/default.

I think by default their value is jcr:content/headnode and jcr:content/contentnode. 

Follow up question: Do you use a custom design template for your output? At our company, we use a template where the topicContentNode needs to be configured as jcr:content/container/contentnode. So maybe the design template requires a different configuration.

3. elementmapping.xml

Regarding making <topicmeta> contents available in the HTML code, I think you should look into the element mapping file. (You'll need to overlay /libs/fmdita/config/elementmapping.xml) There you can define, how DITA elements are to be transformed into HTML.

Level 3

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for the clarification. the <topicmeta> tag, I have added in the ditamap source code should create the property for the ditamap's jcr:content after generating the output. Please find sourcode and screenshot below.

<map id="map.ditamap_8a56e270-f971-4ec5-83bd-2aade3b6cc58">
<title>ForClarification</title>
<topicmeta>
<resourceid appid="appi_id_test" ux-source-priority="topic-takes-priority">
</resourceid>
</topicmeta>

</map>

png-4.png

It worked well previously. But from past few days the topicmeta property is not creating for the ditamap's jcr:content while generating the output. Please find below source code and screen shot for your reference.

<map id="map.ditamap_cb487bae-99bd-4588-ab03-c3da498a5abd">
<title>Test_appid_qa_today</title>
<topicmeta>
<resourceid appid="uc_app_id" ux-source-priority="topic-takes-priority">
</resourceid>
</topicmeta>
<topicref href="AppIdTest.dita" type="topic">
</topicref>
</map>

png-6.png

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,