Expand my Community achievements bar.

Preview Panes in Assets

Level 5

In the Assets > Properties view, DITA content doesn't preview like it does for images. Should something be displaying here? And if not, it would be nice to get that preview working for DITA content.
In the Assets view, when you click on a DITA file to preview it, the content doesn't scroll down even though a scrollbar is present. Only the top section of the content displays. Is that scrollbar supposed to be working?

5 Replies

Level 5

Both of these issues have been preview for the last several versions of AEM Guides, not just v4.4. 

Employee

@sschnelbach The properties view (added a screenshot below highlighting the screen I am referring to) in Assets doesn't provide preview for non multimedia files, as that preview window just caters to a thumbnail which is not available for dita files (or any other document). 

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 11.39.21 AM.png

To answer your second query, I tried to replicate the issue on v4.4, v4.3 and on cloud. I was able to scroll the DITA files. Adding a screenshot below to showcase the same. Could you please share which version of AEM Guides and which version of AEM are you trying it on?

Scroll working properlyScroll working properly

Employee

@sschnelbach :

For second question: does your AEM instance have dynamic media installed as well?

Level 5

Weston says yes, dynamic media is installed in hybrid mode.

Employee

@sschnelbach : So in that case, for now, the implementation team(Weston) can add a clientlib in the codebase as explained below:

1. Create a client lib with category: "dam.gui.assetdetails.coral", to overlay the dynamic media library
  2. create a css, with following code:

#preview-container{
    right:auto !important;
    bottom:auto !important;
    }

3. And once above is done then the scrollbars should work in Assets UI for DITA content 

Weston can refer attached package that has above steps implemented 

Hope this resolves the reported issue