Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to set Quick Generate menu item presets from the map in Repository view in 4.2

Level 2

There are many places where you can generate your PDF from the editor in 4.2, like from the icon in the left corner of the screen, or the Generate Output menu option from the Map panel that opens when you double-click a map. Both of these have the Folder Profile's list of presets available for generation. 

How do you set up the presets for the "Quick Generate" menu item that is available from the (...) beside a map in the repository? It expands to "Select Presets" and if that is selected, it says 'No presets available". It has the same icon as the other generation items, but has not automatically set up the presets. 

3 Replies

Employee

Quick generate is an option given to generate output quickly without switching context from your web editor's authoring view .
Quick generate will be available for any map opened in map-view, the only thing you have to do before is to create your presets from the output tab. Once you already have your presets available, you can create quick generate and view your output from here.
Adding a small gif for context, comment back if you still face any issues, or DM me.

- Pulkit Nagpal

Rec.gif

Level 2

Thanks for your response. The option works for me from that icon and when you have the map open and select the "Generate Output" option from the map's menu when it is open in MAP panel. 

How do I make it also work from the REPOSITORY panel or FAVORITES panel when I open the menu for the same map and select "Quick Generate"? It tells me to select my presets and then says I have no presets available. 

Employee

I understand your query about working with the context menu but that is not there. The "Quick Generate" option only works with the map opened in the map-view panel and as shown in above gif