Describe your company, the customer experience and business challenge(s) you set out to solve with Adobe Experience Cloud products, and how long your company/organization has been using Adobe Experience Cloud products.
We have 105 locales and supporting 3 regions (America, Europe and Japan-Asia) and it was a difficult task for authors to move between the pages or updating and moving the changes to all locales, finding live image url to share with other teams, finding list of pages where the component being used, creating embargo'ed pages/adding embargo'ed assets etc.
Describe how you have integrated and used multiple Adobe Experience Cloud products to solve these challenges to improve and personalize the customer experience/journey. Please provide information that will be helpful in understanding your integration (e.g. architecture diagram, step by step process integration flow, etc.).
To overcome day to day issues which authors are facing which is slowing down the authoring process, we have created below custom tools. The tools listed are limited and we have so many custom tools as we are supporting 105 locales, 45+ languages in 3 different regions.
1) Page Switch: Created a navigation tool where author can switch between the pages by selecting few options, instead of going to site admin and selecting the navigation tree. This is saving lot of time to authors as they are able to switch between locales very quickly compared to earlier they were going to siteadmin and selecting the navigation tree or typing the full url in the browser
2) Cascade: As we have 105 locales, if a change need to made for existing live page author need to make the changes in master and roll out the change to all locales manually which will roll out the changes which are not intended but they are present in the master. It was a time taking process as author need to revert any changes from the page which are not intended to rolled out.
To solve this problem we have created a custom feature called Cascade where author can select the master which will display all the page properties and component properties and author can select the required property to be moved to all locales or author can select the required locales for the properties to be moved. This will not move other changes made in master and wont revert any language updates made on the page.
3) Live image url generator: Authors are reaching to developers for live image url which they want to share with other teams to use the image, so to remove developer involvement, we have created a tool and added to the options when image is selected, which will provide the live image url if image is activated otherwise test dynamic media url.
4) Embargo Content: AEM provide CUG which helps to hide the page in author but we had a requirement from authors that they want to share the publish url with stake holders but don't want that page content to be visible to others.
We have created a custom servlet which accepts the password and if password matches the content will be revealed, this is helping us a lot to have embargo content on publish pages but still not visible to non intended people. The changes are done on preview publisher only using the run mode check
5) Page check and url generator: As we have 105 locales we had a situation that we need to provide all 105 locale urls to content team or akamai for cache clearing or checking whether the page is live in all 105 locales. It is tedious job to manually created 105 locales and hit all 105 locales to check the existence.
To resolve the issue we have created a custom tool which generates all 105 locale urls and checks whether the page is live or not in each locale and provides the list to users in author instance. This tool helping us a lot in several scenarios to clear akamai cache or check missed activated locales.
6) Activate/Activate later/Rollout custom tools: Created custom tools to activate or activate later or rollout the pages for all 105 locales and author can select desired locales and create the workflow to activate or select time to active later or roll out the page to desired locales.
7) Custom search filter: Created custom filter in search to filter the results based on the path string so that author filter the results to only display desired region or remove child pages listing down in the search results. This helps author to easily find all the required pages and activate them at once.
Based on your successful use and integration of multiple Adobe Experience Cloud products, describe how it has transformed the customer experience/journey, and the value, business impact, and results your company/organization has realized. Please cite both qualitative and quantitative results as applicable.
All the above tools listed are only few of them we have created to speed up the authoring process and there are many other tools which we have developed for our content team to improve their performance and reduce the time to make a page live. Authors are using these custom tools and daily basis and completing the work quicker compared to not using the custom tools.