Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Updating the Block Component Model and Definition

Level 1

Hi I was following this video on Authoring in Edge Delivery Services: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/events/experience-manager-gems-recordings/gems2024/aem-au... and I did have a query regarding editing the component-model.json and component-definition.json files.

From around the 26 minute mark Dirk created a new Component called Teaser and showed how it was Editable in Universal Editor. A minute or 2 later he updated the Model and Definition JSON files. But upon returning to the Universal Editor he needed to delete the old content that had the old Model and re-add this on the page.

Is this currently a limitation with the new EDS way of working? Or am I missing something?

Thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi @Edward29399894tw3j 
The issue could be due to caching or the page? did you try to invalidate cache.

There is no way the old content model/definition available unless there is a cache.

Arun Patidar