Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What's the true meaning for "focus"?

Level 4

Hi,

I'm just wondering what's the true meaning for "focus" and "blur".

In my past property, I set "change" for inbox content selection, but I'm wondering how can I use "focus" or "blur".

If I want to track who view the footer, can I just set event type "focus" on footer element?

1288859_pastedImage_1.png

thanks,

ZZ

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes, the designed behavior for the enters viewport event is to fire once per page view. This means if you scroll down to the targeted element, the event will fire. If you scroll back up so that the element leaves the viewport and later scroll back down, the event will not fire.

As you noticed, If you leave the page and return, the event will fire again.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi ZZ,

The focus and blur conditions are limited to forums. The focus event fires when the cursor enters the targeted forum field. The blur event happens when the cursor leaves that field.

If you are trying to track who views the footer of your page, I'd recommend using the enters viewport event. This will fire when the footer becomes visible to the user.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 4

Hi Jantzen,

Does "forum" mean "form"?

I set an "Enters Viewport" event in my property, I see it only fire once in one "session".

"session" means that I only see one request in one "browser" session. I didn't clear cookies, when I enter the site with same browser, It also fire once.

I noticed that "Enters Viewport" fire only once in a session, why I didn't clear cookie and receive another request?

1289463_pastedImage_0.png

thanks,

ZZ

Level 10

Yes, those events are limited to forms. Sorry for the typo.

I'm not sure I understand the second part of your question. Are you saying that the enters viewport only fires once and you need to clear your cookies before it fires again?

What is your desired behavior? Are you trying to have a beacon fire each time the user sees the footer of the page on every page?

Level 4

Please see    zhouzhengquan.github.io

I set a "enters viewport" on "1234" on the footer. It fires when I scroll down.

When I scroll down again, it didn't fire.

When I re-enter this site, it also fired once.

I'm just wondering it only fire at the first view of a visit?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes, the designed behavior for the enters viewport event is to fire once per page view. This means if you scroll down to the targeted element, the event will fire. If you scroll back up so that the element leaves the viewport and later scroll back down, the event will not fire.

As you noticed, If you leave the page and return, the event will fire again.