Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Update datalayer variables

Level 1

Hi

I might have missed it somewhere in the documentation but we plan to use adobe analytics and DTM on a site. I understand how to setup det datalayer at pageview with variables like pagename, sections, but

i would like to update a datalayer variable on a user interaction.

Lets say i have a js onclick function and there i want to update a variable in the datalayer and make sure that adobe registers the change, is that possible and how would i do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Camillan,

Yes , We handle success events and conversion variables as well using Page Load rules and Event based rules etc. or by configuring Global Variables tab under tool configuration in DTM. 

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Camillan,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Dynamic tag Management Community. As per our understanding from the query, you are basically trying to create an event based data element such that the data element captures the value on a user interaction i.e. Click etc.  Please see the following link for more information on How to create event based data element. 

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/marketing-cloud-forum/activation.topic.html/foru...

Please feel free to reach out to us in case of any questions or queries.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Hi ParitMittal

Thank you for answering my question.

Is this the way we are suppose to handle success events and conversion variables aswell ?

or is there a way to do a dataLayer.push like with GTM ?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Camillan,

Yes , We handle success events and conversion variables as well using Page Load rules and Event based rules etc. or by configuring Global Variables tab under tool configuration in DTM. 

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal