Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Uncaught TypeError: jQuery is not a function

Level 4

Hi There,

Below script is throwing the "Uncaught TypeError: jQuery is not a function" due to that custom tracking get stopped. Could anyone help me to solve this issue.

function bindKudoEvent(){

jQuery('.lia-button-image-kudos-kudoed a.kudos-link').on('click',function(e){

var isAcceptedSol = jQuery(this).parents('.lia-message-view-display').hasClass('lia-accepted-solution');

trackClickTkb(0,"kudo count",isAcceptedSol)

setTimeout(function(){ bindKudoEvent() }, 3500);

});

jQuery('.lia-button-image-kudos-not-kudoed a.kudos-link').on('click',function(e){

var isAcceptedSol = jQuery(this).parents('.lia-message-view-display').hasClass('lia-accepted-solution');

trackClickTkb(1,"kudo count", isAcceptedSol)

setTimeout(function(){ bindKudoEvent() }, 3500);

});

}

bindKudoEvent();

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Typically, when I see an error like this, it is an indication that the function has been inadvertently overwritten by something that is not a function.   Below is an example of this.

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 7.56.05 AM.png

==========================================

Beyond this, the code that you shared has issues.  It is recursing and installing multiple click listeners on your button.

You end up getting a new event listener installed every 3.5 seconds.  That means that if you sat on the page for 36 seconds, and then clicked the button,

would be fired 10 times.

DTM is very good at listening for click events. You should just use DTM event rules for this sort of thing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi there. What happens if you run JQuery on its own in the console? Have you checked that the jQuery script is loaded correctly in your page HTML?

Level 4

jQuery script is loaded correctly in HTML page still facing the issue, this happened mostly on Page load.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Typically, when I see an error like this, it is an indication that the function has been inadvertently overwritten by something that is not a function.   Below is an example of this.

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 7.56.05 AM.png

==========================================

Beyond this, the code that you shared has issues.  It is recursing and installing multiple click listeners on your button.

You end up getting a new event listener installed every 3.5 seconds.  That means that if you sat on the page for 36 seconds, and then clicked the button,

would be fired 10 times.

DTM is very good at listening for click events. You should just use DTM event rules for this sort of thing.