Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracking "Form Start" with DTM rules

Level 2

Hi Everyone, 

We have a registration form on the website which contains both input text field and drop down lists. The marketing manager wanted to track 1) how many visitors have started filling the form, and 2) how many "unique visitors" have submitted the form. 

For 1), after consulting a developer, I got the answer that you can write some scripts in the page source file to achieve it. My question is, can we actually set up rules in DTM to do this, rather than replying on the IT guys?

For 2), currently we have a rule to track the "counts" of the submission button clicks, how can we track the number of unique visitors who have clicked the submission button? Since sometimes submission can fail because of incorrect form input, a "unique visitor" can "submit" the form more than once. 

Any suggestions? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Dannal,

Apologies for the delayed response,

1. You can track this using event based rules in DTM rather than writing scripts in the page source.

2. You can track users by programming a click event on the submission button (which is essentially a specific case of an event based rule). 

Here's some documentation for your reference.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Dannal,

Apologies for the delayed response,

1. You can track this using event based rules in DTM rather than writing scripts in the page source.

2. You can track users by programming a click event on the submission button (which is essentially a specific case of an event based rule). 

Here's some documentation for your reference.