Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need help with tagging and firing rule for a submit button nested in an Ajax form.

Level 3

I very new at this, and cannot figure out how to get a rule to fire when a submit button is fired for a form. The form is in an gform ajax frame.  I would really appreciate your help. The form can be seen here at the bottom of the page. http://abmgdev.com/georgescott/  the button is in blue and title "Send Your Message". 

This is the Div it held in below. the selector element for the button is -> #gform_submit_button_1

<div class="gform_footer top_label"> <input type="submit" id="gform_submit_button_1" class="gform_button button" value="Send Your Message" tabindex="58" onclick= "if(window[&quot;gf_submitting_1&quot;]){return false;} window[&quot;gf_submitting_1&quot;]=true;  " onkeypress=" if( event.keyCode == 13 ){ if(window[&quot;gf_submitting_1&quot;]) {return false;} window[&quot;gf_submitting_1&quot;]=true; jQuery(&quot;#gform_1&quot;).trigger(&quot;submit&quot;,[true]); }"> <input type="hidden" name="gform_ajax" value="form_id=1&amp;title=&amp; description=&amp;tabindex=49"> <input type="hidden" class="gform_hidden" name="is_submit_1" value="1"> <input type="hidden" class="gform_hidden" name="gform_submit" value="1"> <input type="hidden"class="gform_hidden" name="gform_unique_id"value=""> <input type="hidden" class="gform_hidden" name="state_1" value="WyJbXSIsIjZlMGM3NDhmOTczOGYyYTUwMmJmNzJjOTVjNzdlZmVhIl0="> <input type="hidden" class="gform_hidden" name="gform_target_page_number _1" id="gform_target_page_number_1" value="0"> <input type="hidden" class="gform_hidden" name="gform_source_page_number _1" id="gform_source_page_number_1" value="1"> <input type="hidden" name="gform_field_values" value="mortgage_banker_name=George+Scott&amp;mortgage_banker _email=georgescott%40abmgdev.com"> </div>
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Darius,

For the basic understanding on the use case, Once you submit the form i.e. Click the "Send Message" buttom it tiggers a Jquery "Submit" and validates the form through a script on the back end Hence you can fire a Direct call rule from the form validation script such that if the form successfully validate you fire the direct call rule and the form submission gets tracked. For the more information on Direct Call rules , Please see the following link : 

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/dtm/t_rules_direct_conditions.html

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Darius,

For the basic understanding on the use case, Once you submit the form i.e. Click the "Send Message" buttom it tiggers a Jquery "Submit" and validates the form through a script on the back end Hence you can fire a Direct call rule from the form validation script such that if the form successfully validate you fire the direct call rule and the form submission gets tracked. For the more information on Direct Call rules , Please see the following link : 

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/dtm/t_rules_direct_conditions.html

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal