Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to track video milestones in brightcove html5 player using adobe DTM?

Level 2

I have a query regarding how to track milestones(Video) in brightcove player by using html 5.

There is already predefined events available for PLAY, PAUSE, STOP, but for the tracking the milestones i am unable to track it via DTM.

Below mentioned is the code,which i have written for PLAY & PAUSE -

videojs('te-brightcove-trigger-video_html5_api').on('play',function(){
  var myPlayer = this;
  console.log('play');
  s.linkTrackVars='events,eVar21,prop21';
  s.linkTrackEvents='event22';
  s.eVar21 = myPlayer.mediainfo.name;
  s.prop21 = myPlayer.mediainfo.name;
  s.events = 'event22';
  s.tl(this, 'o');
});

videojs('te-brightcove-trigger-video_html5_api').on('pause',function(){
  console.log('pause');
  var myPlayer = this;
  s.linkTrackVars='events,eVar21,prop21';
  s.linkTrackEvents='event21=6,event24';
  s.eVar21 = myPlayer.mediainfo.name;
  s.prop21 = myPlayer.mediainfo.name;
  s.events = 'event21=6';
  s.events = 'event24';
  s.tl(this, 'o');
});

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

At a high level, after the 'play' event has occurred, you will need to bind additional code to monitor the progress of the video with something like setInterval. Within that function, you'd need to compare the "duration" of the video object to the "currentTime" in order to figure out if you had reached one of your milestones. You'd do some division of the two, currentTime/duration *100 to get a percentage to compare against and fire off a tag when you meet the milestone criteria.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

What is the full name of DTM?

Please post the name of the program you use so a Moderator may move this message to the program forum

Level 2

Hi John T Smith​,

DTM is a Dynamic Tag Management Tool which is provided by Adobe Solutions to manage the user generated tags.

It was originally called as a Satellite.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

Correct answer by
Level 1

At a high level, after the 'play' event has occurred, you will need to bind additional code to monitor the progress of the video with something like setInterval. Within that function, you'd need to compare the "duration" of the video object to the "currentTime" in order to figure out if you had reached one of your milestones. You'd do some division of the two, currentTime/duration *100 to get a percentage to compare against and fire off a tag when you meet the milestone criteria.