Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Force to lowercase not working

ed_mason
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, 

We recently enabled the "Force lower-case on all pageviews, event and custom variable calls" in the Google Universal Analytics tool settings, however it didn't work and we continued to see a mix of upper and lower-case letters in our accounts, in particular our pageviews. We've now resorted to implementing a filter in Google Analytics to do this for us, but we'd have preferred for this to work in the DTM settings from the beginning.

I can provide further information if necessary.

Thanks,

Edgar

1 Accepted Solution
Harsh_Kabra
Correct answer by
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Edgar,

I have also tested Forced Lower case and it seems to be working as expected.

In your case, I would suspect that the values might be getting changed from some other sources. You should ask your Dev resource to force the lower case from the Data Layer itself.

Also, you can populate the Data Layer Js Object in an alrt and see if it is getting changed before or after it is getting captured by DTM and sent to Adobe Analytics reports.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

View solution in original post

4 Replies
salomepb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ed,

Sorry for the delay. This issue was corrected in the 8/7 release. The affected property(ies) will just need to be published for this fix to take effect. Once the property is published, this setting should work as expected.

Just let me know if you continue to encounter issues or have any questions.

Best,

Anna

ed_mason
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Unfortunately we're still seeing upper-case characters in Google Analytics after taking these steps. Could you investigate please?

Let me know what details you need.

Thanks,

Ed

salomepb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ed,

I did some testing and the force lowercase setting seemed to appropriately take effect for all pageview, event, and custom variables as expected in all of my tests. Might you be able to  share a specific example of where you're seeing this issue so I can take a closer look? Feel free to send a private message if you would prefer.

Best,

Anna

Harsh_Kabra
Correct answer by
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Edgar,

I have also tested Forced Lower case and it seems to be working as expected.

In your case, I would suspect that the values might be getting changed from some other sources. You should ask your Dev resource to force the lower case from the Data Layer itself.

Also, you can populate the Data Layer Js Object in an alrt and see if it is getting changed before or after it is getting captured by DTM and sent to Adobe Analytics reports.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

View solution in original post