Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM

Level 3

Hello All,

Can I fire _satellite.track("XXXXX") from console to test Direct call logic?

I am doing following

_satellite.data.customVars.pageName='HomePage' <----- Setting the customVar

_satellite.track('pageLoad') <---- Sending signal to fire Direct Call Rule. But this gives result as 'undefined' in console)

Please see the attached image file.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thanks for your replay

I can absolutely use that function from console to set the customVars to be used in UI.

The Site is written in AngularJS.

It is working fine both ways now:

1. creating a DataLayer (or I should say sending data to DTM) using _satellite.setVar from application

2. creating a JSON DataLayer within the application and accessing it from DTM objects to set direct rules.

I can not share the URL as it is not yet accessible from outside of DMZ.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 8

Hi Sameer,

You can fire the Direct call rule from the console as long as it is set up correctly in the UI.

You appear to be using functions that are not recommended. You should ideally use only these objects. 

Also, could you provide a URL where you're trying to implement as well as your DTM company/web property?

Kind Regards

Rahul

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thanks for your replay

I can absolutely use that function from console to set the customVars to be used in UI.

The Site is written in AngularJS.

It is working fine both ways now:

1. creating a DataLayer (or I should say sending data to DTM) using _satellite.setVar from application

2. creating a JSON DataLayer within the application and accessing it from DTM objects to set direct rules.

I can not share the URL as it is not yet accessible from outside of DMZ.

Regards

Level 8

Oh ok. That's good then.

Thanks for letting us know. (could you let us know if you were able to identify what the problem was?)

Feel free to reach out in future :).

Regards

Rahul