Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM: How to transfer from one company to another

Level 1

Adobe Analytics now lets you move report suites from one company to another. We're in this situation right now: our company's data is now going to be accessible from our own company's login rather than the agency that introduced us to Adobe. 

Does anyone know if the same functionality exists for DTM? Or will I have to rebuild all of the profiles, rules, etc. in our own DTM version?

thanks!

Craig

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Craig,

You cannot simply move the property. You would need to 

1) create a new property in the new company
2) make sure you have access to both accounts
3) copy the rules from old property to new one.

You will still have some setup and configuration to move, but you can copy over most of the items.

-Rudi

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 8

Hi Craig,

The scenario mentioned above should not affect DTM since it contains the RSID(Report Suite ID) which determines the Report suite data is fed into. If you can provide me the company names both for Adobe Analytics and DTM(the old one or the Agency company name and the new Company name) I can check with the relevant team and revert.

Thanks
Nikhil

Level 1

Thanks Nikhil! I sent you a private message so I don't have to discuss client specifics in an open forum, but I'm looking forward to hearing back from you to map out the step-by-step process for moving a DTM property from one Adobe Analytics account to another.

Let me know if you received everything you need from me.

best regards,

Craig

Correct answer by
Employee

Craig,

You cannot simply move the property. You would need to 

1) create a new property in the new company
2) make sure you have access to both accounts
3) copy the rules from old property to new one.

You will still have some setup and configuration to move, but you can copy over most of the items.

-Rudi

Level 1

Ah, that's not the answer I was hoping for. :( 

I don't mind the work of copying/rebuilding things in DTM, but what I'm really concerned about is the Akamai-hosted pointer to the JS file. The whole point of DTM was to allow me to not have developers change stuff on the site, but unless there's a way to force a new DTM property to use the Embed code from the one I had set up under the other company's umbrella, it looks like I'll have to.

Do you have any workaround for that issue?

thanks Rudi!

Employee

Craig,

I understand your frustration.  Please note that DTM was indeed developed to allow you to not have the developers as involved in the process as before, but not in the way you are hoping.  The feature you are looking for is not there intentionally as it is for the security of the site.  We do not want any mechanism to be in place that would force the switch of the code without the direct intent of the site owners.

Level 1

Got it, Rudi. Hopefully you guys figure out a way to transfer ownership of a DTM property from one Omniture account to another *without* forcing any switch of the code. Just like you can now (thankfully, after 12 years!) take an existing report suite from one Adobe Analytics client and reassign it to another. I once worked for Logoworks which was then acquired by HP, but for years afterwards we had to maintain separate login accounts within Omniture. It's a real benefit to companies for you to be able to switch ownership without having to rewire anything on your side, just as you could conceivably keep the JS file in the same spot as before, but simply have the property show up under a different login company. I understand it's not there now, but please keep your mind open to the value it can offer Adobe clients in the future. I don't agree that there's any security-based reason not to.

in any case, I appreciate you letting me know what I have to do.

best regards,

Craig