Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM Firefox error in secure sites

Level 3

I have a client who is using DTM within a secure site, https://reservations.millenniumhotels.com/ibe/index.aspx

When I open this site in Firefox, I see this error in my console:

SecurityError: The operation is insecure. satelliteLib-b036f547cb74531b88442132a054ddca454ea887.js:2

The satellite JS file is included like this:

<script src="//assets.adobedtm.com/5405ae4aa30c9b11dc9852743bcc8c52b86b8725/satelliteLib-b036f547cb74531b88442132..."></script>

As a result of this error, it looks like Adobe Analytics isn't tracking. (Although when I check AA's Browser reports, I can still see visits from Firefox.)

In Chrome, I don't see this error in its console. Adobe Debugger doesn't show any Adobe-related tracking, though I can see a "/b/ss" image request in my browser's Network panel.

Is it just my browser or is this a known issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Never mind, I've solved the issue.

I added "reservations.millenniumhotels.com" to my Firefox's cookies "Exception" list, so as to allow cookies from the domain. Now, I don't get the Security error.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out to Adobe Community!

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. I checked the link you mentioned above on Firefox and it doesn't give any error. When I look at the console I can see an image request being sent. 

Could you please try it on another machine?

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Level 3

Never mind, I've solved the issue.

I added "reservations.millenniumhotels.com" to my Firefox's cookies "Exception" list, so as to allow cookies from the domain. Now, I don't get the Security error.

Level 10

Yes the cookies from the domain need to be allowed for Firefox to work efficiently with secure pages.

Glad to hear that it got resolved!

Thanks!