Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Digital Signature in Form

Level 1

I have created a new form from an existing pdf and I need to insert a signature box that is digital, not for me to sign but for the individuals who are completing the form.  I have Adobe Pro DC version.  In my previous Pro version, there was an option when creating the form.

Thank you for your help,

Kay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at this article for some help:-

Link:-  https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/signing-pdfs.html

Sign a PDF

To sign a PDF document or form, you can type, draw, or insert an image of your handwritten signature. You can also add text, such as your name, company, title, or the date. When you save the document, the signature and text become part of the PDF.

• Open the PDF document or form that you want to sign.

• Choose Tools > Fill & Sign.

• To add text, such as your name, company, title, or date, drag and drop your personal saved information from the right hand pane onto a form field.

Alternatively, you can use Add Text  in the toolbar. Click at the place in your document where you want to add the text, and start typing. Use the field toolbar to make appropriate changes.

• Click the Sign icon  in the toolbar, and then choose whether you want to add your signature or just initials.

Add signature or initials

If you have already added signatures or initials, they are displayed as options to choose from.

• If you've already added your signature or initials, just select it from the Sign options, and then click at the place in the PDF where you want to add your signature. Skip to the next step.

If your are signing for the first time, you see the Signature or Initials panel. Below is an example of the Signature panel.

You can choose to type, draw, or import a signature image
    You can choose to type, draw, or import a signature image. Added signatures and initials are saved for future use.

Type

Type your name in the field. You can choose from a small selection of signature styles; click Change Style to view a different style.

Draw

Draw your signature in the field.

Browse and select an image of your signature.

Save Signature

When this check box is selected, and you're signed in to Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC, the added signature is saved securely in Adobe Document Cloud for reuse.

Click Apply, and then click at the place in the PDF where you want to place the signature or initial.

• To move the placed signature or initial, click the field to highlight it and then use the arrow keys. To resize or delete the field, use the options in field toolbar.

As mentioned by Taciac, please post your question in the Adobe Acrobat Forms community at the below link. The community you initially posted in is dedicated to Dynamic Tag Management and this question is related to Adobe Acrobat. 

Link:- https://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat/forms

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 9

Hi Kay,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked the Acrobat Community and found the following post:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1816400?start=0&tstart=0

When you created the new form from an existing form were there any existing signatures in the previous form? If that's not the case, I recommend posting your question in the Adobe Acrobat Forms community at the below link. The community you initially posted in is dedicated to Dynamic Tag Management and this question is related to Adobe Acrobat. 

https://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat/forms

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Tacia 

Correct answer by
    Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at this article for some help:-

Link:-  https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/signing-pdfs.html

Sign a PDF

To sign a PDF document or form, you can type, draw, or insert an image of your handwritten signature. You can also add text, such as your name, company, title, or the date. When you save the document, the signature and text become part of the PDF.

• Open the PDF document or form that you want to sign.

• Choose Tools > Fill & Sign.

• To add text, such as your name, company, title, or date, drag and drop your personal saved information from the right hand pane onto a form field.

Alternatively, you can use Add Text  in the toolbar. Click at the place in your document where you want to add the text, and start typing. Use the field toolbar to make appropriate changes.

• Click the Sign icon  in the toolbar, and then choose whether you want to add your signature or just initials.

Add signature or initials

If you have already added signatures or initials, they are displayed as options to choose from.

• If you've already added your signature or initials, just select it from the Sign options, and then click at the place in the PDF where you want to add your signature. Skip to the next step.

If your are signing for the first time, you see the Signature or Initials panel. Below is an example of the Signature panel.

You can choose to type, draw, or import a signature image
      You can choose to type, draw, or import a signature image. Added signatures and initials are saved for future use.

Type

Type your name in the field. You can choose from a small selection of signature styles; click Change Style to view a different style.

Draw

Draw your signature in the field.

Browse and select an image of your signature.

Save Signature

When this check box is selected, and you're signed in to Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC, the added signature is saved securely in Adobe Document Cloud for reuse.

Click Apply, and then click at the place in the PDF where you want to place the signature or initial.

• To move the placed signature or initial, click the field to highlight it and then use the arrow keys. To resize or delete the field, use the options in field toolbar.

As mentioned by Taciac, please post your question in the Adobe Acrobat Forms community at the below link. The community you initially posted in is dedicated to Dynamic Tag Management and this question is related to Adobe Acrobat. 

Link:- https://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat/forms

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni