Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DataLayer and DTM

Level 3

Hello All,

We are in the process of designing a DataLayer to be consumed by DTM. The application rewrite is in Process and we are moving to AngularJS implementation from ASP.NET pages

Implementing DataLayer Object for Page Loads Metric and utilizing it in DTM looks straight forward. 

But capturing user actions in the DataLayer is little confusing. Suppose, I create "User Action Object" per page like an example below

"category": "link_tracking",
    "action": "link_clicked",
    "link_name": "My Insurance Logo",

How do I use it in DTM? I mean how should I use this object to map it to an event?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Sameer,

I believe you'd need to map this object to a data element which in turn can be mapped to the event.

For the example you've used, here's how you can go about it: set the event as a click event (for the action) and pass the link_name into the data element. Name the data element on the basis of your category. Let me know if that makes sense.

Here's some documentation on data elements.

Rahul

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Sameer,

I believe you'd need to map this object to a data element which in turn can be mapped to the event.

For the example you've used, here's how you can go about it: set the event as a click event (for the action) and pass the link_name into the data element. Name the data element on the basis of your category. Let me know if that makes sense.

Here's some documentation on data elements.

Rahul