Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom JavaScript (Button Tracking + Event) in DTM

Level 1

I have the below custom JavaScript function to track a button.

I am new to DTM and want to tag the button name in to variables 60 and want to fire an event 35 when that button is clicked. 

Is this possible in DTM? IF so, please help me (I am very new to DTM)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kishore , 

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe community.

For the use case described above , we can track the button click by writing the custom javascript code in the event rule. You can use the following link to setup the Event based rule for button click  https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/dtm/rules_event.html and can use the below custom code in custom code section.

Var button_name= this.getAttribute( "name");
s.linkTackVars="prop60,eVar60,events";
s.linkTrackEvents="event35";
s.prop60=button_name;
s.eVar60=prop60;
s.events="event35";

Please feel free to reach out to us in case of any queries.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out.

This looks more specific to Adobe Analytics implementation using DTM. Is it specific to Analytics or Target?

Thanks!

Level 1

This is not related to Analytics or Target. 

This is related to Adobe Analytics Implementation. If i am at the wrong place, please guide me to the right direction.

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kishore , 

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe community.

For the use case described above , we can track the button click by writing the custom javascript code in the event rule. You can use the following link to setup the Event based rule for button click  https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/dtm/rules_event.html and can use the below custom code in custom code section.

Var button_name= this.getAttribute( "name");
s.linkTackVars="prop60,eVar60,events";
s.linkTrackEvents="event35";
s.prop60=button_name;
s.eVar60=prop60;
s.events="event35";

Please feel free to reach out to us in case of any queries.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty much used to GA and GTM and I'm completely new to Adobe Launch. I'm looking to track buttons on my e-commerce website. Could someone please suggest what Rules, Events, Data Elements & Variables I should be using?

Level 1

Hi Pari,

I stumbled upon this very old thread and would like some help from your side. Could you please guide me? I want to track button clicks on my e-commerce website.