Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Best method to capture s_vi value into an evar via DTM?

Level 4

Hi,

I tried to capture the s_vi value into an evar via DTM by using the below method. for eg: s.eVar1 ="D=s_vi". so, on the report it would looik like this s.eVar1= [CS]v1|2BD5A23B8SDA7B83D-600001104001554B[CE] . But, i do see few values without [CS]v1 at the beginning eg: 241579947650856531231389954089219320735 . Not sure, if this value is from s_fid. If yes, would like to understand better why im getting s_fid value into an eVar1 as im just copying dynamic value(D=s_vi) value into and evar.

Is there any better approach to capture s_vi value into an eVar using DTM.

Thanks,

Muthu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi ,

Please find below my comments inline to your queries. 

1) if i need to capture MCVID cookie value into an evar, i thought, i can follow the same approach for eg: s.eVarxx=_satellite.readCookie("mid"); ? Is that correct? - For Capturing the Marketing Cloud Visitor ID value in an eVar  you can use the out of the box function available i.e. s.eVarXX =_satellite.getVisitorId().getMarketingCloudVisitorID(); 

2) When we go with this approach(s.eVar1=_satellite.readCookie("s_vi")); if for some reason s_vi value is not set on the page then what we would get in the report. None?? or will get fid value in eVar1 report. - Yes, you would get NONE in the report

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi ,

Dynamic variables are not supported in conjunction with cookies (s_cc, s_sq, s_fid, s_vi and any cookie that is set by a plugin). You can not use D=<cookie value>. Can you please verify it once more whether data is being populated to eVar 1 using Dynamic variables . If yes, Please share the URL of your Website as well as Adobe Analytics UI credentials  in a private message so that we can also look into the same.

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/dynvars_overview.html

Also, The Analytics visitor ID is contained in the s_vi cookie, and can be retrieved on the using the cookie read function: _satellite.readCookie("s_vi") i.e. s.eVar1=_satellite.readCookie("s_vi");

Thanks & Regards 

Parit Mittal

Level 1

I use the custom page code:

s.eVarXX = s.Util.cookieRead('s_vi').slice(7,40);

Level 4

Thanks Parit & Ian Whyte. Will try this and update the findings.

Few other questions. It would be great if you could provide your thoughts.

1) if i need to capture MCVID cookie value into an evar, i thought, i can follow the same approach for eg: s.eVarxx=_satellite.readCookie("mid"); ? Is that correct?

2) When we go with this approach(s.eVar1=_satellite.readCookie("s_vi")); if for some reason s_vi value is not set on the page then what we would get in the report. None?? or will get fid value in eVar1 report.

thanks in advance.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi ,

Please find below my comments inline to your queries. 

1) if i need to capture MCVID cookie value into an evar, i thought, i can follow the same approach for eg: s.eVarxx=_satellite.readCookie("mid"); ? Is that correct? - For Capturing the Marketing Cloud Visitor ID value in an eVar  you can use the out of the box function available i.e. s.eVarXX =_satellite.getVisitorId().getMarketingCloudVisitorID(); 

2) When we go with this approach(s.eVar1=_satellite.readCookie("s_vi")); if for some reason s_vi value is not set on the page then what we would get in the report. None?? or will get fid value in eVar1 report. - Yes, you would get NONE in the report

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Hello,

I am also trying to fetch the third party cookie s_vi value, but I could not find s.Util.cookieRead('s_vi') function, can you please tell me how to add Util.cookieRead('s_vi') function into s object?

Thanks a lot