Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM DTM Integration

Level 3

Hi there,

I have a couple of questions:

1) I have heard that Cloud Hosted (API Token) approach of connecting DTM with AEM is the recommended approach, and it is the most straightforward. Is that correct?

2) I have a client I am doing an DTM AEM implementation for, and they are reluctant to share API token saying it could affect their other Web Properties. Is there really a risk involved here at all?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

1) Yes, the only way that I'm aware of integrating AEM and DTM is via the API token that is user specific.

2) Yes, the API token is user specific and carries the permissions associated with that user. If the user has access to more than just the web property they are sharing with you, in theory, would have the ability to change other web properties. A quick solution to this would be to create a user with access to only that one web property and use the API token for that user for the integration.

Thanks,
Jantzen

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

1) Yes, the only way that I'm aware of integrating AEM and DTM is via the API token that is user specific.

2) Yes, the API token is user specific and carries the permissions associated with that user. If the user has access to more than just the web property they are sharing with you, in theory, would have the ability to change other web properties. A quick solution to this would be to create a user with access to only that one web property and use the API token for that user for the integration.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 10

Hi Muzammil ,

I hope the above reply from Jantzen helps to answer your queries. Please let me know in case anything else is required.

Regards

Parit