Adobe DTM Switch issues

Bsmith320

13-05-2016

I noticed this week that there is a long delay when I do a DTM implementation and the time it takes for the Adobe DTM Switch staging to work. Normally I would be able to check updates or changes immediately using the debugger. As of this week, if I implemented some tracking during the day and turned on the debugger, nothing would register in the developer console. What happens now is the updates I made during the day would finally show-up in the developer console in the evening. Why is there a time lag now? Is there an alternative solution?

 

Thank you,

 

Bill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

taciac

13-05-2016

Hi Bill,

Thanks for reaching out. I have experienced the same thing. There are a few alternative plugins available here: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/dtm/c_dtm_switch_plugins.html. Another option is to manually enable debugging using the console:

Enable/Disable Staging

localStorage.setItem(‘sdsat_stagingLibrary’, true);

localStorage.setItem(‘sdsat_stagingLibrary’, false);

Enable/Disable Debugging

_satellite.setDebug(true);  

_satellite.setDebug(false);

There is a cheat sheet available with more commands on Jim Gordon's blog here: http://jimalytics.com/tag-management/dynamic-tag-manager-dtm-cheat-sheet/

 

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Best,

Tacia