Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Why can I “use an analytics metric” as a primary goal in an A/B Test, but not in a multivariate test?

Level 1

I am having trouble setting up the "goals and settings" tab in Adobe Target. I attempting an MVT test, however I am unable to get the "goal metric" portion set up correctly. On a typical A/B test, I am able to select two options under "what do you want to measure with this activity"; "Conversion" and "Use an Analytics metric".

On the MVT test I am trying to set up, I only am able to choose "conversion" as an option. For some reason the option for "Use an Analytics metric" does not show up in the dropdown. I would like to know if it's possible to set that up? If so, how can I enable the option?

I am using Adobe Analytics as a "Reporting Source" on both the A/B and Multivariate tests.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Multivariate test (MVT) are compatible with A4T but require an mbox-based goal metric.
Take a look at the "Supported Activity Types" section (see below or the following link): Adobe Analytics as the Reporting Source for Adobe Target (A4T)

Activity TypesA4T Compatible?Notes, if applicable

Multivariate test (MVT)

Yes

Requires mbox-based goal metric goal to get the Element Contribution report.

The Element Contribution Report does not currently support Analytics metrics.

As a side note: At this year's Adobe Summit it was communicated that they are looking to expand A4T support for activity types but no firm confirmation/timeline was specified.

- Rylan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Multivariate test (MVT) are compatible with A4T but require an mbox-based goal metric.
Take a look at the "Supported Activity Types" section (see below or the following link): Adobe Analytics as the Reporting Source for Adobe Target (A4T)

Activity TypesA4T Compatible?Notes, if applicable

Multivariate test (MVT)

Yes

Requires mbox-based goal metric goal to get the Element Contribution report.

The Element Contribution Report does not currently support Analytics metrics.

As a side note: At this year's Adobe Summit it was communicated that they are looking to expand A4T support for activity types but no firm confirmation/timeline was specified.

- Rylan

Level 1

That's disappointing to hear, but i appreciate your follow up Rylan. I hope they are able to make this change soon.