Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Why can I “use an analytics metric” as a primary goal in an A/B Test, but not in a multivariate test?

Level 1

I am having trouble setting up the "goals and settings" tab in Adobe Target. I attempting an MVT test, however I am unable to get the "goal metric" portion set up correctly. On a typical A/B test, I am able to select two options under "what do you want to measure with this activity"; "Conversion" and "Use an Analytics metric".

On the MVT test I am trying to set up, I only am able to choose "conversion" as an option. For some reason the option for "Use an Analytics metric" does not show up in the dropdown. I would like to know if it's possible to set that up? If so, how can I enable the option?

I am using Adobe Analytics as a "Reporting Source" on both the A/B and Multivariate tests.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Multivariate test (MVT) are compatible with A4T but require an mbox-based goal metric.
Take a look at the "Supported Activity Types" section (see below or the following link): Adobe Analytics as the Reporting Source for Adobe Target (A4T)

Activity TypesA4T Compatible?Notes, if applicable

Multivariate test (MVT)

Yes

Requires mbox-based goal metric goal to get the Element Contribution report.

The Element Contribution Report does not currently support Analytics metrics.

As a side note: At this year's Adobe Summit it was communicated that they are looking to expand A4T support for activity types but no firm confirmation/timeline was specified.

- Rylan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Multivariate test (MVT) are compatible with A4T but require an mbox-based goal metric.
Take a look at the "Supported Activity Types" section (see below or the following link): Adobe Analytics as the Reporting Source for Adobe Target (A4T)

Activity TypesA4T Compatible?Notes, if applicable

Multivariate test (MVT)

Yes

Requires mbox-based goal metric goal to get the Element Contribution report.

The Element Contribution Report does not currently support Analytics metrics.

As a side note: At this year's Adobe Summit it was communicated that they are looking to expand A4T support for activity types but no firm confirmation/timeline was specified.

- Rylan

Level 1

That's disappointing to hear, but i appreciate your follow up Rylan. I hope they are able to make this change soon.