Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Where is the option to increase timeout for the VEC

Level 2

Currently have a client that is unable to use the VEC on a certain page type because product data takes longer to load than the VEC allows.

Let me explain:

Whenever I want to run a test on a product page, the VEC doesn't fully load the page, so the product data, including product name and description, don't fully load in the DOM. I know there is a way to increase the timeout settings for the VEC I just cannot, for the life of me, find the setting in the Target admin. I'm unsure if this is related to my privileges, but I can't find the configuration option or documentation about where to change this setting.

I know the setting exists because it is one of the questions that appear on the Master Architect certification test.

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this. It has been an ongoing struggle for my client.

Thanks.

Chad

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @targetDev404,
basically you can set this globally in the Target UI under Administration > Implementation > Timeout (seconds). But here only the default value is edited which is then written into the at.js - which can then be downloaded and included.

The value can also be overwritten using the targetGlobalSettings() function. So you can also adjust that only to the specific pages or page types accordingly.

How Do I Use the targetGlobalSettings() Function? (adobe.com)

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @targetDev404,
basically you can set this globally in the Target UI under Administration > Implementation > Timeout (seconds). But here only the default value is edited which is then written into the at.js - which can then be downloaded and included.

The value can also be overwritten using the targetGlobalSettings() function. So you can also adjust that only to the specific pages or page types accordingly.

How Do I Use the targetGlobalSettings() Function? (adobe.com)

Hope this helps.