Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Using "Landing page" to set audience on multi-page A/B test, does not persist the audience across pages

Level 1

Hi all,

I'm building up an A/B activity based on this use case:

• starting audience: all visitors landing on a specific page, coming from adv campaign (i.e. utm_source, utm_medium and utm_campaign are present in query string and have a significant value)
  • 50% will see control experience
  • the other 50% will see an overlay on page, showing a promotional message and a CTA to guide the user towards website's registration funnel (first page personalization)
  • on registration form thank you page, I have to edit some content (text and link of the "continue" CTA) (additional page personalization)

This is how I've set the audience:

chamito_0-1621594904336.png

Now this works pretty fine when landing on the first page.

Inside the test experience I've set multiple pages; the landing one and the form thank you page.

While the landing page is correctly showing the personalization, the TYP is never getting the personalization content.

Obviously, UTM parameters are not persisted in query string on the TYP, but I was expecting they're persisted in visitor visit's data, as per Adobe documentation (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/create-audiences/categories-audiences...);

"Landing Page: The landing page is the first page the visitor sees when accessing your site. For example, if the visitor clicks a link on Google that leads to a category page, then the category page is the landing page. If the link leads to your home page, then the home page is the landing page. The landing page is remembered for the visitor’s session. You can target deeper in the site based on what the visitor’s landing page was in this session."

Is anyone aware of this behavior, or am I setting the audience/experiences in the wrong way?

Many thanks in advance,

Daniele

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello,

As you were suspecting the Rules you created will not work as it is dependent on query parameter NOT user profile attribute or session data. If you want to validate this then create separate rule for TYP via using the user profile attribute (refer - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/variables-profiles-p...)

hope it helps!!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello,

As you were suspecting the Rules you created will not work as it is dependent on query parameter NOT user profile attribute or session data. If you want to validate this then create separate rule for TYP via using the user profile attribute (refer - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/variables-profiles-p...)

hope it helps!!

Level 1

Hi, thank you very much for the hint. With "separate rule" do you mean a separate activity, or using a different audience for the TYP in the same activity?

Anyway, I did try to leverage user profile setting a profile parameter passed via mbox (Launch reads the UTM parameters -> set them as parameters for Adobe Target extension -> Launch loads Target). Unfortunately I wasn't able to enter the first page of the activity as well. I will retry and recheck, then keep you posted.

Kind regards,

Daniele