Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Using profile parameters

Level 2

I am working on a POC for calling profile parameters in an mbox, and I see plenty of instruction for how to do this in Target Classic, but nothing in Target Standard. Is anyone doing this now?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Pam,

If you via a mbox (or the API) populate the specific profile field, then you need to refer to it like ${profile.paxType} and if you created the specific profile field via Profile Scripts, then you would use ${user.paxType}.

It is therefore important, that you always know how you are populating the specific field within Adobe Target.

Try that out and let me know if it works :)

Best Regards,

Thomas Løjmann

Lead Architect

eCapacity A/S

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 5

Hi Pam,

Can you share a few more details about what you are trying to do, then I'll see if I can help you.

/Thomas

Level 2

Absolutely! The goal of the POC is to use an mbox to load profile parameters for authenticated users into Target, then on another device/browser, after authentication, to use those profile parameters to deliver content [specifically populating an ordering widget]. In a use case we would use dynamic values, but for the POC we are great with static.

e.g., of adding the parameters [per https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/r_target_behavioral_steps.html]

<div class="mboxDefault">
    <p>Testing adding profile parameters.</p> 
</div>
<script>
mboxCreate('test_profiles', 'profile.eVar45=eVar45', 'profile.origin=DAL', 'profile.destination=NYC', 'profile.dateOut=02/12/2017', 'profile.dateRtn=02/12/2017', 'profile.paxType=ADT', 'profile.promo=flyfree');
</script>

It is my understanding that in Target Classic, we would then use something like following code in the offer order to 'show' the profile parameter values: ${profile.origin}

I am not seeing any values passing however.

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Pam,

If you via a mbox (or the API) populate the specific profile field, then you need to refer to it like ${profile.paxType} and if you created the specific profile field via Profile Scripts, then you would use ${user.paxType}.

It is therefore important, that you always know how you are populating the specific field within Adobe Target.

Try that out and let me know if it works :)

Best Regards,

Thomas Løjmann

Lead Architect

eCapacity A/S

Level 2

Hi Pam,

Just wanna confirm here , I believe you are adding the script code to your mbox.js file , if not than try that.

For better debugging of mbox call : can you check the mbox trace by adding the url with the below parameter

?mboxTrace=window&authorization="your-authntication-token"

You can grab the authentication token from your marketing cloud by going to  [Target -> Setup Tab -> Implementation on Left Rail ]

Hope this helps .

Regards,

Arpit Gupta