Expand my Community achievements bar.

Take 10 minutes to complete an Adobe Target review on Gartner Peer Insights, and as a thank you for your time, you’ll have the option to receive a $25 gift card!
SOLVED

Trying to select elements for Conversion Goal Metric from one Experience in a A/B Activity and not the other Experiences

Level 2

Hi there,

Still new to Target, and have a bit of a odd question. I have an A/B Activity set up with 2 experiences (1 Control, and 1 Personalized). When I choose my Goal Metric to be 'Conversion > Clicked an Element' and I select a certain element in one of the experiences (For example, we can say the element is a Main Nav item in the Personalized Experience), I am finding that Target selects the same element in both Experiences. Is there any way to set this up so that I can select an Element in one Experience, but not have Target automatically select the same element in the other Experience?

Thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

A couple of different options:
i) If your click element in Exp A & Exp B have the same unique ID/Class then you could update the auto-generated selector
ii) You could implement trackEvent for the click tracking, via your tag manager or application code, and then use the "viewed mbox <somemboxname>" option instead
iii) I assume this isn't the case but if your click element leads to the same destination URL, you could use that option instead

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

A couple of different options:
i) If your click element in Exp A & Exp B have the same unique ID/Class then you could update the auto-generated selector
ii) You could implement trackEvent for the click tracking, via your tag manager or application code, and then use the "viewed mbox <somemboxname>" option instead
iii) I assume this isn't the case but if your click element leads to the same destination URL, you could use that option instead