Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Tracking is not happening in adobe target report summmary

Level 2

Hi,

We have created an activity which has the exit links as goal metric, the goal metric used option as "Use Analytics as metric" called "Exit to product retail link" which is the calculated metric, the data populates as intended in adobe analytics, but fail to populate in adobe target report summary.

Not sure what is wrong with the data population. Is anything wrong with the calculated metric ? or Is it to do with the setup configuration. ?

Higly appreciate any help on above.

Regards,
Poonam B

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Poonam,

From the Adobe Source, Calculated Metrics are not supported for Analytics For Target (A4T), so you will not see the numbers in Target Summary Dashboard.

Link: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/components/calculated-metrics/cm-overview.html

Calculated Metrics Limitations (To use): 
  • Funnels in Reports & Analytics
  • Fallout in Analysis Workspace
  • Cohort Analysis in Analysis Workspace
  • Data Warehouse
  • Segments
  • Real-Time reports
  • Current Data reports
  • Analytics for Target

But, after your reply, I went and created a Calculated Metric to see whether I am able to see the same in Adobe Target, it is reflecting. So, there might be two options:

1. Latency.

2. We cannot use complex calculated metrics [Assuming the Source].

Thank You, Arun.

{Edited my reply for everyone's understanding and perusal}

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Poonam,

From the Adobe Source, Calculated Metrics are not supported for Analytics For Target (A4T), so you will not see the numbers in Target Summary Dashboard.

Link: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/components/calculated-metrics/cm-overview.html

Calculated Metrics Limitations (To use): 
  • Funnels in Reports & Analytics
  • Fallout in Analysis Workspace
  • Cohort Analysis in Analysis Workspace
  • Data Warehouse
  • Segments
  • Real-Time reports
  • Current Data reports
  • Analytics for Target

But, after your reply, I went and created a Calculated Metric to see whether I am able to see the same in Adobe Target, it is reflecting. So, there might be two options:

1. Latency.

2. We cannot use complex calculated metrics [Assuming the Source].

Thank You, Arun.

{Edited my reply for everyone's understanding and perusal}

Level 2

Hi Arun,
Sorry about repeat msg.

We checked, data is showing in target report summary now. It took around 48 hours to populate.

Screenshot below :-

Poonambhatia1990_0-1594712918777.png

Thanks alot for you help, it was good learning.

Regrds, Poonam

Community Advisor
So, calculated metrics are available for 'Analytics for Target'? Then, we should update this link from Adobe. Link : https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/components/calculated-metrics/cm-overview.html

Level 2
Absolutely, it is latency mostly, not tried the complex one though

Level 2
Hi Arun, I'm planning to appear for target certification. Can you help me for the material I need to refer because on the job skills are not enough as we haven't started new capability which always depends on the business requirement. Appreciate a little guide here.