Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Target Recommendations Criteria Rotation

Level 2

We'd like to test out Target Recommendations on our blog. To start, we only want the recommendations to show up on a few articles and measure engagement before scaling. We'd also like to only start with a few articles to recommend - not our entire library/catalog. How would I go about setting that up as it relates to the criteria? There doesn't seem to be a way to just evenly rotate the inventory on a handful of articles rather it has to be cart/person-based.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@bwilson704 Have you tried the option of custom Criteria? This would help you to Make recommendations based on a custom file you upload. This is the document that talks about how to setup custom criteria: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/recommendations/criteria/recommendations-csv.ht... .

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @bwilson704 

You can create collection of specific articles that you want to recommend and use it in recommendation activity third step.

Level 2

Thanks Gaureshk! I have the articles selected and created a collection. The issue I'm running into is on the criteria side - step 1. How can we set up the activity to evenly rotate through the collection, without any other/additional layers of logic? I can't seem to figure how I would set up the criteria to solve for this, rather it requires some sort of algorithm in place.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@bwilson704 Have you tried the option of custom Criteria? This would help you to Make recommendations based on a custom file you upload. This is the document that talks about how to setup custom criteria: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/recommendations/criteria/recommendations-csv.ht... .

Hope this helps.