Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Target Node SDK 20 mins Sync Delay

Level 1

We are using Adobe Target Server Side Node SDK in our backend Node App.

As per the documentation once Activity is changed/goes live in Target, it takes around 20 mins for artifact to be pushed to Akamai CDN from target Edge.

So although Node SDK polls CDN for updated Rules every 5 mins in the background, it really takes 20 mins for Rules Artifact to update after activity is updated.

Does anyone know workaround this? We need the changes to be propagated instantly to Node SDK when activity changes.

Documentation : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target-dev/developer/server-side/on-device-decisioning/overv...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
When a new activity is created in Target the updated rules artifact will be available on Akamai CDN almost immediately (i.e., there is a short amount of time for processing & propagation to CDN, so it's not instantaneous) 

In terms of Node SDK, correct that default is 5mins for polling but you can also configure that via the pollingInterval parameter (see here

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
When a new activity is created in Target the updated rules artifact will be available on Akamai CDN almost immediately (i.e., there is a short amount of time for processing & propagation to CDN, so it's not instantaneous) 

In terms of Node SDK, correct that default is 5mins for polling but you can also configure that via the pollingInterval parameter (see here

Level 1

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.
I had opened a support case E-001100982, and I was told there that it takes 20 mins for activity changes to reach Akamai CDN.
And hence the delay to reach Node SDK.

Same is shown in that Architecture diagram that shared in original post.

I will surely try to change polling config. Thanks.

Employee Advisor

The info you got from the support case is correct though, it can take up to 20mins