Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Target Iphone Users in Activities

Level 3

Hi ,

What are  the ways to target Iphone Users for XT target activities, As in the docs its mentioned that its not possible for specific IOS and safari versions.

Targeting devices running iOS 12.2 or later

Due to the new changes introduced in iOS 12.2, creating an audience with rules defined by Device Marketing Name and Device Model that specify iPhone Models is impacted. Target can no longer target users who have iPhones with iOS 12.2 (or later) installed on them. However, if those users do not have iOS 12.2 (or later), then the iPhone Model targeting continues to work correctly.

The iOS 12.2 (or later) update does not affect the identification of the following models because these models do not support upgrading to iOS 12.2: iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad, iPad 2, iPad / Retina display, iPad Retina (4th Generation), iPod Touch 4, and iPod Touch 5.

Targeting devices running Safari 14.0.2 (or later)

When using mobile rules to target devices running Safari version 14.0.2 (or later) on macOS, due to a known issue involving Apple’s user agents and DeviceAtlas, Target incorrectly identifies Safari on Mac and iPad devices. This issue will be addressed in the future.

Source:- https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-target-discussions/detect-iphone-6s-and-iphon...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @varun790 ,

The considerations mentioned above hold true for now and I don't see a hack here.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @varun790 ,

The considerations mentioned above hold true for now and I don't see a hack here.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics