Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Target Extension 2 in Launch not sending sessionId

Level 2

I'm trying to update from Target extension 1 to Target extension 2 in Launch but I keep getting these errors when I deploy the build to my dev or staging environments:

AT: request failed Error: Errors: sessionId query parameter is required;

AT: [page-init] View delivery error Error: Errors: sessionId query parameter is required;

Looking at the debugger, I see the calls to delivery do not have a value in sessionId:

{"client":"xxxx","sessionId":"","version":"2.1.1"}

If I check the first-party cookies for my domain, I see that I do have a 'mbox' cookie and it does have a value for 'session' in it. I was under the impression that at.js took care of all of this automatically (setting the cookie and pulling its value before sending requests). Am I missing something?

I also get error:

AT: request failed Error: Errors: field - [execute.mboxes] - global mbox is not allowed in mboxes.;

Which I assume is some other difference between Target 1 and Target 2 I have overlooked which may be a separate issue. I also get this entirely unhelpful error message:

AT Error unknown

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

@reid_from_lulus  / @Michael_au: Have you tried updating the Target V2 extension recently? 

There have been a few Target V2 extension updates (some just recently) to correct bugs related to sessionID persistence issues and incorrect values generated. 

For additional details, check out the Target V2 Launch Extension release notes: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/adobe/target-v2/release-...

Note: I believe you need to have the ECID extension updated to at least v4.4.1 to set this up correctly. 
Hope this works — 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 2
Also seeing this error come up now and again. Anyone have a solution?

Correct answer by
Level 2

@reid_from_lulus  / @Michael_au: Have you tried updating the Target V2 extension recently? 

There have been a few Target V2 extension updates (some just recently) to correct bugs related to sessionID persistence issues and incorrect values generated. 

For additional details, check out the Target V2 Launch Extension release notes: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/adobe/target-v2/release-...

Note: I believe you need to have the ECID extension updated to at least v4.4.1 to set this up correctly. 
Hope this works — 

Level 2

Updated to the latest extension and still seeing this issue.

Console error screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/hmhfZEW

Level 1

Why was this marked as the correct solution when the original poster's problem remains?

Level 1

I tried by updating latest version but still seeing that error

Level 2

Anyone managed to resolve this one yet?

Level 2

In my case I just needed to delete whole website storage... couldn't reproduce the error after that.