Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Switch over from Manual Traffic Allocation to Auto-Allocation for the A/B Test

Level 3

Hi Community,

Below is my scenario am trying to apply

I was run A/B testing for 18 days but it didn't announce the winner. So I have stopped. I would like to understand and apply Auto-Allocation. Below is the activity details and test result

Activity Details: Inserting new component about the product detail description.

Experience A: Control: 6600 Visitor, Conversion Rate: 14.74%

Experience B: 6500 visitor, Conversion Rate: 15.20%, Confidence Level: 53%

Average Lift: 3%

If I re-run the same activity by setting Auto-Allocation, Can i determines the winner more quickly . Suggestion please.

Thanks

KP

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Karuppiah_Sakthivel  - definitely a candidate for auto-allocate.

Please note that the aim of auto-allocate is not to find the winner quickly - its more to drive traffic to winning experience so that business may get most of the experiment, rather than waiting for the experiment to finish.

I'd recommend switching to auto-allocate if your objective is to get more benefits (sign-ups, sales, revenue....) even while the experiment is running. Typically this should be done when you experiment life is not very long e.g. testing different messages on a marketing campaign. 

Hope this helps

Regards

Rajneesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Karuppiah_Sakthivel  - definitely a candidate for auto-allocate.

Please note that the aim of auto-allocate is not to find the winner quickly - its more to drive traffic to winning experience so that business may get most of the experiment, rather than waiting for the experiment to finish.

I'd recommend switching to auto-allocate if your objective is to get more benefits (sign-ups, sales, revenue....) even while the experiment is running. Typically this should be done when you experiment life is not very long e.g. testing different messages on a marketing campaign. 

Hope this helps

Regards

Rajneesh

Hi Rajneesh,

Thank you for the suggestion, Can i re-run the same activity?

How It will work? Based on the previous confidence level on the existing report.

Thanks

Karuppiah

Community Advisor

Hi @Karuppiah_Sakthivel  - if you are starting a new activity, everything will be start from scratch which means results of your previous activity will not have any impact.

Regards

Rajneesh