Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Storing and Retrieving data in Target using JQuery/JavaScript

Level 2

I'm currently storing information in cookies. Example: how many times an ad have been shown to a user. This is all done through Jquery (custom code option within Adobe Target Visual Composer). I may have more than one targeted ad for one ad location.

I want to move away from cookies. Is there a way to store this information in Adobe Target instead? I want the information to be stored for a month or a time specified by me.

Can I use profiles to store this information as long as I want it and retrieve it whenever I want?

Is there another way I can store and retrieve information in Adobe Target?

Example:
var counter = ${profile.countValue};

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arshdeepv954921  - by default profile scripts are stored for 14 days. This duration is reset if a visitor returns back within 14 days. To check what is this value for your account, go to Administration > Implementation > Implementation methods > Profile Lifetime.

If needed, you can get this changed to max 90 days by reaching out to client-care (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/visitor-profile-life...). 

rajneesh_gautam_0-1649946683879.png

Hope it helps,

Regards

Rajneesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

If you store it via js code , then you can store it in the browser.

Con: It will be flushed when user deletes the cookies..etc 

If you use profile script , you can maintain the counter in the server side (at the target server side). This is the right way for capture such data.

That was the question.

If I use profile script, how long can I store the counter value on server side (target)? Is it possible to control the duration.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arshdeepv954921  - by default profile scripts are stored for 14 days. This duration is reset if a visitor returns back within 14 days. To check what is this value for your account, go to Administration > Implementation > Implementation methods > Profile Lifetime.

If needed, you can get this changed to max 90 days by reaching out to client-care (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/visitor-profile-life...). 

rajneesh_gautam_0-1649946683879.png

Hope it helps,

Regards

Rajneesh