Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Save Response Token as Profile Script

Level 4

Hello,

I want to save response token data as a profile script.  My specific requirement is to save the "profile.activeActivities" as a profile script value so that I can exclude a visitor from a if they are already in a specific campaign.  Entering something like this is a Profile Script doesn't work:

return profile.activeActivities;

In fact, none of the response tokens work in Profile Scripts - all of them return null - profile.visitNum, profile.tntId, profile.marketingCloudVisitorId, etc.

These values only seem to work in Offers so are they not supported in Profile Scripts or is this some sort or bug?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

MktgCloudUser​  Could you try using user.activeActivities  ? I tested that and it works for me.

Fyi , response tokens  are not available until after the content decision is made, whereas a profile script evaluates before the content decision is made.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 4

No one from Adobe knows the answer to this??

Employee

Hi MktgCloudUser​ Response tokens functionality was meant to replace profile scripts. Hence you cannot use them inside a profile script.

Hope this helped answer your question.

Level 4

Thanks for responding - so how can I capture and use the number activities a visitor is currently active?  Is there no alternative to profile.activeActivties that will work in a profile script?

Employee Advisor

hi MktgCloudUser

have you tried using this audience?

This audience can be used if you want to exclude users who are already in other tests

1852650_pastedImage_0.png

Level 4

Yes, I am aware of this however we need to exclude if they are part of one or more specific campaigns.  This is "any" campaign which is too broad.

Correct answer by
Employee

MktgCloudUser​  Could you try using user.activeActivities  ? I tested that and it works for me.

Fyi , response tokens  are not available until after the content decision is made, whereas a profile script evaluates before the content decision is made.

Level 4

Yep, that worked; user instead of profile.

return user.activeActivities;

returns an array of "[24756,76788,87424]"

Thanks

Employee

Great. thanks for the confirmation.