Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Replace in Target content by Experience Fragment does not work for a product carousel

Level 2

Hi everyone,

We are facing the following issue. We have set up Experience Fragment template and the IO integration AEM/Target. 

If we setup activities in Target and add or replace an element by Experience Fragment this works for simple components (e.g. image, text). However if we try to achieve the same using a component like product carousel the Experience Fragment does not get displayed ( the component is included in the XF template of course). So you can see it has been added but the space where it is added does not show the actual component (so it looks like an empty placeholder).  The experience fragment itself works fine so the issue occurs only if we try to use it in an activity via Target. 

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Best regards 

Inga

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

When you say "we have set up the experience fragment template", is this a custom experience fragment template or the one out of the box? Can you also share more details on the component you are using, is it running specific functions at runtime to obtain product detail information and then placing it a list as an example?

I think at face value what I am thinking is happening is you have a race issue between the js and the markup because of how Target parses the markup from an experience fragment and places it into the selector. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

When you say "we have set up the experience fragment template", is this a custom experience fragment template or the one out of the box? Can you also share more details on the component you are using, is it running specific functions at runtime to obtain product detail information and then placing it a list as an example?

I think at face value what I am thinking is happening is you have a race issue between the js and the markup because of how Target parses the markup from an experience fragment and places it into the selector. 

Hope this helps!