Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Recommendations with custom key

Community Advisor

Hi
I hope someone can help me with some questions regarding Adobe Target recommendations and the use of "custom criteria" (as described here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/recommendations/criteria/recommendations-csv.ht...)

Questions:

1. What text encoding should be used? is UTF-8 the right encoding?
  2. Is the header row needed in the file or can we skip it? in the template the first row is just the header starting with "# key,recommendation1,..." and we would like to skip this row when generating the file
  3. what is the maximum amount of keys that Adobe Target can handle? is there any limit?
  4. what is the maximum file size for upload by FTP?
  5. according to the docs the Upload will be every 24 hours - but at which time? do we have an option to set the upload running at a desired time of the day (eg. 6am)?

thanks in advance for any help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Full answers about FTP to upload custom criteria within recommendations

Answer: use UTF-8 for file encoding

2. Is the header row needed in the file or can we skip it? in the template the first row is just the header starting with "# key,recommendation1,..." and we would like to skip this row when generating the file
    Answer: No, the header row is not needed and can be skipped (right now). For better understanding of the data I recommend to leave it in the file unless you have really good reasons to not have it in the file

3. what is the maximum amount of keys that Adobe Target can handle? is there any limit?
    Answer: I did not hear of any limit (and we have now millions of keys without problem

Answer: the max file size is 1 GB per Upload

5. according to the docs the Upload will be every 24 hours - but at which time? do we have an option to set the upload running at a desired time of the day (eg. 6am)?
    Answer: you can not change the daily process time from the UI. OOTB the import job runs every day sometime after midnight (at least in our case). But according to CC we should be able to change the time by API (if we ONLY change the time and nothing else). However, every UI change later on will reset the scheduled time. that means, first setup the feed in the UI and at the end change the time by API

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor
    -
    -Header is needed in file for target to understand the key value pair

-As there is limit of 100 million items to be uploaded in feed across all environments, as per my understanding, there should be similar limit to number of keys. However in case of columns against keys there is limit of 1000.

-we do not have ability to specify time. maybe client care could help you with this.

Community Advisor

Hi @Gaureshk_Kodag thanks for the additional information.

Meanwhile I have some more insights:

- UTF-8 is the expected encoding

- In our tests, the header row (with indication of "# key,reco1,reco2,..." is not needed. The upload was successful without header row and all keys were working as expected. waiting for Adobe to let it confirm

- max file size for FTP is 1 Gigabite

Still some questions open, I will make a summary with all results at the end. Thanks for your support!

Community Advisor

Hi @Urs_Boller  I am trying to upload the custom criteria but I get this error : Sync failed.
Could you please advise how it could be resolved?

I would like to recommend a set of entities so thought of using this custom criteria approach

I used the custom csv and uploaded it in ftp root directory (/) and below is the format :

true-1 OFF-66068 OFF-70145 OFF-66058 OFF-69167

the key value (true-1) is present in the user.profileattribute and it is used as recommendation key.

But I'm seeing the sync failed issue when I save the criteria. What could be the cause if you can advise ?

Any help on this would be really helpful.

@Gaureshk_Kodag 

Community Advisor

@ambikaTewari_ATCI please open a new question with reference, happy to anser there

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Full answers about FTP to upload custom criteria within recommendations

Answer: use UTF-8 for file encoding

Answer: No, the header row is not needed and can be skipped (right now). For better understanding of the data I recommend to leave it in the file unless you have really good reasons to not have it in the file

Answer: I did not hear of any limit (and we have now millions of keys without problem

Answer: the max file size is 1 GB per Upload

Answer: you can not change the daily process time from the UI. OOTB the import job runs every day sometime after midnight (at least in our case). But according to CC we should be able to change the time by API (if we ONLY change the time and nothing else). However, every UI change later on will reset the scheduled time. that means, first setup the feed in the UI and at the end change the time by API