Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

React Client Side SPA with Adobe Target

Level 3

I know Adobe Target has the ability to manipulate the DOM directly.  Are there best practices for using this technology within a React SPA (rendered client side)?

All the articles I found are pretty old and probably outdated at this point in time.  Wasn't sure if anybody had any working examples for reference.  

We typically have used JSON Offers only to this point as we can use that JSON and to then build React components directly inside our React codebase.  However, there is certainly interest in utilizing in having Adobe Target have more control over whats being rendered which would allow for simpler A/B testing.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This document is pretty comprehensive in terms of the general approach to SPA client-side testing with Adobe Target. That documentation is written with reference to the standalone at.js Target library; many customers have migrated to the newer Web SDK, you can find details here of how the key concepts translate from at.js to Web SDK e.g. how the viewName method (which is a central part of an SPA implementation) translates to a property called "viewName" in the Web SDK implementation

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This document is pretty comprehensive in terms of the general approach to SPA client-side testing with Adobe Target. That documentation is written with reference to the standalone at.js Target library; many customers have migrated to the newer Web SDK, you can find details here of how the key concepts translate from at.js to Web SDK e.g. how the viewName method (which is a central part of an SPA implementation) translates to a property called "viewName" in the Web SDK implementation