Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

"Viewed an mbox" in Goal Advanced Setting

Level 2

In an activity, regarding the setting on goal metrics, there is a option to set "viewed an mbox" then show an unseen experience.

Is it possible to set "viewed an mbox" N time then show an unseen experience?

Regards,

Ricky

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

rickyffff​,

This is a great question. There is no OOTB way to do this currently. However I can imagine that you might be able to accomplish this by doing the following:

1. Create some custom code that keeps track of how many times the mbox was viewed by the visitor.

2. Store this number value in as an mbox parameter.

3. Build a custom audience based on that custom mbox parameter.

4. Add the audience as an additional Audience Targeting rule to the mbox in the conversion metric. See screen-shot below.

Keep in mind this will also make it so that the conversion will only increment after the mbox is viewed N times.

Hope this helps!

Viewed mbox N times:

_1._viewed_mbox_4times.png

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

rickyffff​,

This is a great question. There is no OOTB way to do this currently. However I can imagine that you might be able to accomplish this by doing the following:

1. Create some custom code that keeps track of how many times the mbox was viewed by the visitor.

2. Store this number value in as an mbox parameter.

3. Build a custom audience based on that custom mbox parameter.

4. Add the audience as an additional Audience Targeting rule to the mbox in the conversion metric. See screen-shot below.

Keep in mind this will also make it so that the conversion will only increment after the mbox is viewed N times.

Hope this helps!

Viewed mbox N times:

_1._viewed_mbox_4times.png

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 2

Hi Mihnea,

Thanks for the reply.

May i know if there is any step by step guide or documents on how to do step 1-3?

Regards,

Ricky

Employee Advisor

rickyffff​,

No unfortunately since that would require custom code there are no step by step directions on how to do that. Your web developer will probably be able to wip up some code for you to accomplish that.