Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Profile attributes are not showing the values in Front promotions - Recommendation API

Level 2

Hi 

How can use profile attributes to promote entity id's in front/back promotions in adobe target recommendations.

Please also share a sample snippet of profile script that returns a comma separated values of entity id's.

Please note: The entity id's in our account are of the format "OFF-1234-ABCDE". please share a snippet that returns an array or comma separated values of string in the above format 

Is there a format to return these value from profile script and use them as profile attributes in adobe target. Please help

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@mmoos - I just took an activity live with front and back promotions and its working as expected. I would suggest raising a client-care ticket. 

Regards

Rajneesh

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @DivyaAshankar , could you please provide more details of the use-case? Are you storing an array of products in a profile-attribute (using profile-script) and then want to use some of these products as part of front promotions?

Regards

Rajneesh

Level 2

Hi Rajneesh_Gautam_,

Thanks for replying

Here is an example.

tried returning a single value as string but that did not work either.

DivyaShankar_0-1704177223818.png

DivyaShankar_1-1704177236557.png

Community Advisor

Thanks @DivyaAshankar  - unfortunately the resolution of images in your last message is very low and I am not able to see what you shared. Can you please reshare?

Also, would appreciate some details about the use-case before delving into technical solution - please add what are you trying to achieve so that I may provide further assistance

Regards

Rajneesh

Hi @Rajneesh_Gautam_ 

Basically we want to promote entity id's based on the region. So I used profile script to return entityid's with a check on region.

Please note: I did a trace debug and I could see this value set in the profile attribute

Here is my code from profile script

if(mbox.param("region") == "cala") {
return '["OFF-95342-AUAAR"]';
}
return "";

I have used this profile script in the activity. 

When I test the activity, I do not see the entity id returned in the response

Community Advisor

hi @DivyaAshankar  - could I please ask you to try returning the products from profile scripts using simple string? Looking at your profile-script, you are anyways passing only one product - I tested it locally and it works perfectly. 

Once its resolved, we can discuss the array situation. 

Thanks

Rajneesh

Level 2

Chiming in here.. it appears that front and back promotion functionality has been affected recently, i.e., in the Dec. 2023 timeframe. Front promotions no longer show and activity edits to both front and back promotions don't take effect (observed on at.js 2.4.0). Note that promotions are present in the trace call but are not returned as entities. Can Adobe confirm?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@mmoos - I just took an activity live with front and back promotions and its working as expected. I would suggest raising a client-care ticket. 

Regards

Rajneesh

@Rajneesh_Gautam_  Tried returning a single string, that did not work as well.

Does the profile attribute support alpha numeric value ?

Level 2

HI @Rajneesh_Gautam_ 

Could you share the screenshots of your code snippet and configuration in the activity for front promotion

Regards

Divya

Level 2

@Rajneesh_Gautam_  Thank you for confirming so promptly. Further troubleshooting revealed the promoted entities had expired but were still present in the catalog (a known issue in the FAQ). Updating these entities resolved the issue.