Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Performance Report API to CSV

Level 2

Hello,

I just wanted to ask if there is a solution to parse the results of the performance API report to a CSV file. I have read the documentation and notice that this could be done by creating a script using Perl, Python or Ruby, however I don't really know any of the scripting languages and I do need to create reports from my campaigns that can be distributed in excel. Is there any way of transferring API's results to CSV without having to write a script.

Thanks in advance,

Ivan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Ivan,

Currently the only supported way to achieve this is as is documented. I can suggest or advise you to put this up as a suggested improvement on this site. Apologies the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thanks

Nikhil

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 8

Hi Ivan,

Can you please let us know more about the documentation you're referring to in this case(any links) ? 

Thanks

Nikhil

Level 2

Hello Nikhil,

thanks for your reply. 

This is the Link that includes the explanation about the different Reports and how to get them via API. I have already extracted Audit Reports Via API and in that case it is possible to get the data in csv format (screenshot).

However for the campaign Performance Report this is not possible (I have tried). In the documentation the following is stated:

Parse the Query Response

Optionally, you can use a scripting language such as Perl, Python, and Ruby, to parse the results and write them to an output file, such as a CSV file, that you can view in any spreadsheet application.

As I mentioned before I don't know any of those Languages and yet I would like to distribute the report in excel format. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ivan

Level 8

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your response. So if I understand your query correctly you are unable to download the Campaign performance report as mentioned in this link however are able download the audit report using the query mentioned on this site?

Can you let us know the error message you get when you enter the query for Campaign Performance Report?

Thanks

Nikhil

Level 2

Hello Nikhil,

In both cases I am able to retrieve the reports. The only difference is that the Campaign Performance report doesn't support CSV Format, meaning that the output is only XML, which need to be parsed using Ruby, Python or Perl scripting (according to your documentation).

So my question is if there is any other option to parse the results to CSV? or are you planning to support CSV output for the Campaign Report API?

This is quite important for us, and probably for other companies too, because if you want to do analysis bases on segments and day, then the normal CSV download on T&T is not very useful, as you only get aggregate data. We run tests across 7 different domains, using 20+ segments for periods of up to three months and T&T's interface is not so friendly to analyze and report.

Thanks,

Ivan

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Ivan,

Currently the only supported way to achieve this is as is documented. I can suggest or advise you to put this up as a suggested improvement on this site. Apologies the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thanks

Nikhil