Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Options for implementation and positives and negatives

Level 2

Hi all, 

I want to know what the different options are around integrating AEM and Target and there respective positives and negatives.

From what I can see, there are the following options

1.  Using DTM and adding a tool

or 

2. Creating a Cloud Services Config in AEM for Target.

Are there any benefits to either method?

Many thanks,

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi David,  

Great question. There's pro's & con's to each approach, ultimately it boils down to "What is the business trying to achieve?"

Can you share which Target Sku you've purchased? If you have Target Premium, I suggest implementing Target as an ad-hoc system, so the business can utilize the full premium suite (AP, Recs, Auto-Target and MVT)

See the attached slide, it references the 4 Target/AEM implementations. 

My suggestion is either Blue or Purple - or a combination of the two, yes, it's possible. 

Thanks,

Kollin

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi David,

The Adobe Target Tool is the recommended way to implement Target via DTM. The Adobe Target Tool supports:

• Target Standard or Target Premium implementations
  • Target Classic implementations using a global mbox or regional mboxes
  • Population of mbox and profile parameters in both global and regional mboxes
  • Both at.js and mbox.js libraries

Please see the following documentation for more help :https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/integrate-digital-marketing-solutions.html

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi David,  

Great question. There's pro's & con's to each approach, ultimately it boils down to "What is the business trying to achieve?"

Can you share which Target Sku you've purchased? If you have Target Premium, I suggest implementing Target as an ad-hoc system, so the business can utilize the full premium suite (AP, Recs, Auto-Target and MVT)

See the attached slide, it references the 4 Target/AEM implementations. 

My suggestion is either Blue or Purple - or a combination of the two, yes, it's possible. 

Thanks,

Kollin