Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Launching Adobe Target Anti-Flicker via DTM

Level 1

Hi, at a bit of a loss for this scenario, any help would be appreciated:

In DTM we want to load the anti-flicker script provided (the one that hides the body; https://developer.adobe.com/target/implement/client-side/atjs/how-atjs-works/manage-flicker-with-atj...), but we obviously need a conditional to fire the custom tag (for this we choose "activity.id" returned from AT's event(s); https://developer.adobe.com/target/implement/client-side/atjs/atjs-functions/atjs-custom-events//)

The problem is no matter what event we target, (e.g. adobe.target.event.CONTENT_RENDERING_SUCCEEDED or adobe.target.event.REQUEST_START) we  can't properly time it in a way that both the activity.id is present on page and the DTM conditional is fired.

Typically anti-flicker is hardcoded on the page directly, but since we control several sites this isn't feasible. So the question is really can "activity.id" be used to fire a DTM tag? And if so, how?

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't think you can add prehiding snipped via DTM. whole point of prehiding snippet is hide page until target loads (till 3 sec. Max). So it has to be above launch/dtm script.

Or maybe you could try triggering target rule at page bottom and add prehiding snippet on page top rule. Let me know if this works.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't think you can add prehiding snipped via DTM. whole point of prehiding snippet is hide page until target loads (till 3 sec. Max). So it has to be above launch/dtm script.

Or maybe you could try triggering target rule at page bottom and add prehiding snippet on page top rule. Let me know if this works.