Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issues with audience targeting using People dataset in Adobe Target

Level 3

Hi everyone,

I’m currently facing an issue with an activity where I’ve uploaded a dataset into the "People" section. I’m using this dataset for targeting in the visitor profile within Adobe Target, but some users who are not part of this dataset are still receiving the experience. Has anyone else encountered this? How did you resolve it? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@ZvoidZ  a couple of clarifications required. 

So you're setting mbox3rdpartyid and when you say uploaded a dataset, you're referring to using customer attributes. Is that correct?

Level 3

Yeah, exactly, that's what's happening. This inconsistency has been going on for a while now. Before, it seemed like it wasn't delivering to some users with customer attributes, and now, in this latest activity created, even users who weren’t in the data file uploaded to People received the activity.

Community Advisor

@ZvoidZ  Just to check - by any chance in your implementation you're using ECID service? and are you targeting authenticated verses non authenticated users? 

Level 3

No, we're not using ECID service, and we are only targeting authenticated users. Appreciate your attention on this!

Community Advisor

@ZvoidZ Would you be able to share the logic for your segment that you're using for your activity?

Level 3

The logic for the segment we're using is based on the Visitor Profile: BASE_LNO_VJ.lno_vj equals true.

Community Advisor

Really difficult to debug without having access and to see it in action.

Here's a long shot. Be aware that if mbox3rdpartyid has been set once during your visit (when user authenticated), then it is 'saved' to the target profile. Meaning Target doesn't care whether you're authenticated or not - if it recognizes the cookie id, then you're part of the segment and see the experience even if you may not be authenticated.

If you clear your cookies are you then still seeing the experience when in fact you should not?