Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Is there a way to split same audience into two different activities?

kartikbhatia
Level 3
Level 3

Scenario:

Let's say 50% of All visitors are landing in an A/B Activity_1, which is live. Now, I want to utilize the 50% of All visitors who have not landed in first activity, for second A/B activity. Is there a way to configure audience in such scenario?

Note:

1. Both A/B test have same placements

2. I am not using Profile Attributes

1 Accepted Solution
raags35988425
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Hi Kartik,

Based on your scenario it is a possibility that both the activities would collide with each other which would affect content delivery and reporting. The best approach that I would recommend in this case where you want the visitors to enter both the activities almost equally would be to create a profile script for a random number generator and based on the output if the result is even or odd assign the visitors to activity A and B respectively.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Raag

View solution in original post

4 Replies
raags35988425
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Hi Kartik,

Based on your scenario it is a possibility that both the activities would collide with each other which would affect content delivery and reporting. The best approach that I would recommend in this case where you want the visitors to enter both the activities almost equally would be to create a profile script for a random number generator and based on the output if the result is even or odd assign the visitors to activity A and B respectively.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Raag

View solution in original post

russpainter
Level 4
Level 4

Here's one we use, if you never coded one before

name: testgroup

if (!user.get('testgroup')) {

var ran_number=Math.floor((Math.random() * 100) + 1);

return ran_number;

}

This one is 1=100

Shruthi_N
Employee
Employee

You could also check out this video Profile Scripts in Adobe Target - YouTube  where there is a sample on how to create the profile script for targeting to two different user groups.