Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way to put someone into a test if they have an exit intent?

Level 2

There's a few test scenarios where I don't want the user to be entered into a test unless they see the actual treatment. 

For example. 

50/50 split test in the cart. 

I want to show an exit intent modal to half the audience. 

Is there a way to only allow the user to be entered into the test if they have an exit intent (move cursor to close)? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

What you can do is to load content from another activity - I think this may help you more if you want to separate this into another activity:

activity 1:

Location 1: target-global-mbox

<script>

// code wait for event or something..

// inject content from other activity adobe.target.getOffer({ mbox: 'modal123',"success": function(offer) { adobe.target.applyOffer( { "mbox": "mbox", "offer": offer } ); }, "error": function(status, error) { console.log('Error', status, error); } })

... </script>

activity 2:

Location 1: modal123

<script>
// code for modal or something

console.log("modal123 injected")
</script>

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

An experiment must first take care that for 50% of the users a modal is show - when the user wants to leave the page with the mouse.

Then it is possible to write this success into the userProfile e.g.: 

adobe.target.trackEvent({ mbox: 'exitIntendMbox', params: { 'profile.exitIntend': 'B' } });

We also use this when we only have experiments that are used for reporting.

Then the question is whether you can wait one more page load (so that the global-target-mbox is played again) to execute an activity - for users who have qualified for it.

In case you want to run the experiment without page reload - you would have to fire the target-global-mbox again. But I recommend this only if you know exactly what you are doing - because this can also have unintended effects.

Level 2

Thank you for the reply. 

I've also wanted to test things that would enter someone into a test once they scrolled the change into view or the interacted with something to trigger a modal. 

Do you have more details on how I would go about triggering the mbox again? 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

What you can do is to load content from another activity - I think this may help you more if you want to separate this into another activity:

activity 1:

Location 1: target-global-mbox

<script>

// code wait for event or something..

// inject content from other activity adobe.target.getOffer({ mbox: 'modal123',"success": function(offer) { adobe.target.applyOffer( { "mbox": "mbox", "offer": offer } ); }, "error": function(status, error) { console.log('Error', status, error); } })

... </script>

activity 2:

Location 1: modal123

<script>
// code for modal or something

console.log("modal123 injected")
</script>