Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Is that a search engine behind recommendations? If not, what kind of solution is it?

Level 1

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think of it like a spreadsheet with the first column being the product id as a starting point (current product page, last viewed product, most viewed product) and all subsequent columns being potential recommendations which are generated upon creating an activity with a particular criteria in mind (site affinity, people who did this did that, most popular, etc.). Perhaps light machine learning with a defined starting point. So, it is a little bit like a search engine but without the filtering / faceting and all the decisions are known ahead of time and saved into an export. As such, you can also upload your own recommendations in the spreadsheet format that I mentioned above. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think of it like a spreadsheet with the first column being the product id as a starting point (current product page, last viewed product, most viewed product) and all subsequent columns being potential recommendations which are generated upon creating an activity with a particular criteria in mind (site affinity, people who did this did that, most popular, etc.). Perhaps light machine learning with a defined starting point. So, it is a little bit like a search engine but without the filtering / faceting and all the decisions are known ahead of time and saved into an export. As such, you can also upload your own recommendations in the spreadsheet format that I mentioned above.